The close of a decade
It's the end of the year and the end of a decade, and time to reflect on everything we've achieved in the past year and the past decade. Whilst it feels to us (and probably everyone else too) like we're still just getting going, we've actually been developing and renovating property since 2011! We've come a long way since we started out and wanted to reflect on some of those achievements.
The last decade
- Between the years of 2011 and 2015 we renovated (in conjunction with some subdivisions along the way) 11 homes.
- In 2017 and 2018 we built a high-end luxury home located in Maylands
- In 2018 one of our renovations broke a suburb record price in West Hindmarsh
- Between 2013 and 2017 we developed 16 townhouses over several sites.
- In 2016 we purchased our first apartment development site, Belford on the Park (16 apartments).
- In 2017 we secured the site at The Willcox (33 apartments, 2 commercial) and at Hyde Park Place (65 apartments, 8 townhouses, 5 commercial).
- In 2018 we secured the site at Botten + Bowser, located in North Adelaide
- In 2018 we obtained planning approval for both The Willcox and Hyde Park Place.
- In 2018 we sold out the Willcox in pre-sales and commenced construction late that year.
- In 2018 we secured the site at 82 Johns Road.
Hyde Park Place
- Obtained $29m in presales at Hyde Park Place
- Obtained full development approval
- Obtained construction finance
- Commenced construction in October 2019
- Constructed the basement and almost reached the top floor by Christmas this year.
Botten + Bowser
- Obtained planning approval at Botten + Bowser
- Commenced presales this week, with three sales already under our belt through our VIP pre-release launched in September
82 Johns Road
- Obtained planning approval at 82 Johns Road
Belford on the park
- Completed construction
- Completed settlements
- Completed the project.
2020 and beyond
In 2020 we aim to complete construction on the Willcox, commence construction at Botten + Bowser and 82 Johns Road, and continue building Hyde Park Place. We are on the lookout for the next challenge and more projects, so keep a lookout for new stuff on our website!
Reflect and practice gratitude
The end of the year is the perfect time to reflect on the year just past and plan for the new year, but most importantly practice gratitude for those in our lives that have made a difference, for tools and strategies that have helped, and remember that you really are very lucky to have what you have.
We are forever grateful for the lessons we've learned (even the very painful ones yes!), the people that have helped us, have been there for us, and have shared our vision for Citify and for our lives.
Whether you’ve had a really hard year and you are purely grateful for a supportive family and friends or you’ve smashed various goals/had a fulfilling year and have a whole list of things to be grateful for, appreciating what you have and how lucky you are today is a real high. (It also helps (as a coping mechanism) to remember how grateful you really are to your mother-in-law, child, or dad, when you’re three days into the Christmas holidays with them and would really like to escape back to your office…)
Have a wonderful Christmas and end to 2019, and a very Happy New Year.